Oncolytic virotherapy is an effective cancer treatment using special viruses, capable of finding and destroying malignant tumour cells in the body. The first registered and still the one and only genetically unmodified virus available worldwide.
The virus finds and infects malignant tumour cells in a process called oncotropism. The virus replicates itself in the cells of a malignant tumour destroying them in a process called oncolysis. Viruses not only destroy cancer cells but also activate the body’s natural immune system, which also targets the malignant cells.
1. Highly selective and with the ability to preferentially seek and enter tumor cells while sparing non-cancerous tissues and cells. So far, no resistance has been identified during oncolytic virotherapy.
2. The medicine contains a live, adapted, non-pathogenic and not genetically modified enterovirus.
3. Stimulates the natural defense system of the body by activating immunity, which other treatment methods usually suppress.
4. Oncolytic virotherapy is an innovative cancer treatment using an oncotropic and oncolytic virus that finds and destroys malignant cells in the human body.
5. Virus not only destroys cancer cells but also affects the immune system, inducing immune cell activity and mobilizing them to fight cancer.
6. It is maximally efficient in replicating inside cancer cells and destroying tumor tissue.