Oncological hyperthermia is a therapy used in the treatment of tumors and in osteoarthromuscular pathologies as well as in disorders of the immune system.
Using Heat to Treat Cancer & Reduce Side Effects
AmberLife Clinic is the only cancer program in European Baltics region to offer deep Hyperthermia
Body temperature is a part of our basic metabolism.
Very high temperatures are used to kill the cancer cells and destroy nearby blood vessels. When hyperthermia and radiation therapy are combined, they are often given within an hour of each other. Hyperthermia can also enhance the effects of certain anticancer drugs. In fact, the real discoveries in this field have been around how body temperature relates to your immune system and how this relationship can prevent – and even heal – cancer.
Oncological hyperthermia is painless and non-invasive, has no side effects and is repeatable.
1. Request the treatment (by phone or in an electronic form) supplemented with your medical information:
- records of medical history,
- latest general clinical and biochemical blood test.
2. Based on these documents, doctors will make an assessment of your health condition and make the decision on the suitability of the therapy.
For instance, did you know that if your overall body temperature is lowered by just one degree, there is a corresponding decline in immune system function by 40%?
Hyperthermia therapy not only raises immune system function in general, but an accumulating body of evidence suggests that a more active immune system is the precise catalyst needed for shrinking tumors. This makes total sense. Cancer tissue must live in an acidic pH environment and raising temperature will raise pH as well, creating an inhospitable environment for cancer cells to grow. A 2013 study published in the journal Cancer Immunology Research was able to pinpoint some precise mechanisms through which heightened temperature can lead to apoptosis or “programmed cell death” in cancer cells. Researchers found that “hyperthermia impact(s) the tumor microenvironment through temperature-sensitive check-points that regulate tumor vascular perfusion, lymphocyte trafficking, inflammatory cytokine expression, tumor metabolism, and innate and adaptive immune function”. 2014 study done in Korea found that inducing a hyperthermic condition of 105 degrees F (42 degrees C) was toxic not only to regular breast cancer cells, but breast cancer stem cells as well.
What diagnosis are showing the best results?
Neoplastic diseases that can be treated with oncological hyperthermia:
• Melanomas / Epitheliomas / cutaneous metastases / Lymph nodes / superficial relapses
• Sarcomas / Lung / Pleura / Pancreas / Pelvis / Liver / Bones / Colon / Kidney / Stomach / Bladder / Brain / Pharynx / Head – Neck / Larynx / Prostate / Maxillofacial / Jawbone / Cheeks / Female genital organs / Genital organs male